Monday, July 8, 2013

Good Bye Dwight and Hello Summer.

As a Lakers Fan, I am glad that the whole Dwightmare is over. I am just glad that all the silly media news about Kobe, Dwhine, MDA and what not. I just felt that sometimes players need to be given more space off the media space. They need to focus what they should be focusing on - playing the damn basketball.

And this post by "Meeks" is fake btw.
If you have been following the news and rumors online, it seems pretty legit when someone stand up and pointed out at the fact that "Lakers always get the Yes." So what is the problem now? The whole social web knows that there are a few things that Dwight wanted.

- Firing of Mike D. (Is it me or Dwight really likes to get coach off their pay cheque?)
- Hiring of Stan VAN Gundy Phil Jackson.
- Be the main man of Lakers.

So the point here is that if Lakers really wanted Dwight as much as it seems, he would have easily make the 1st two points happen with a snap of fingers and giving $30 Million to make him feel like the main man should be enough and not by putting up all the banners and posters to fake it. So why didn't they do it? Simply because, the truth is that -

Hey Dwight, we just ain't that into you. I wish I had the time to put Dwight, MDA, Buss, Phil and Kobe's faces onto this poster.
Enough of the whole Dwightmare Saga and HELLO SUMMER TIME!

1 of the reasons why I love summer.
 Like many other NBA fans, I always enjoy watching a team getting big names like Howard or Nash but 1 thing I enjoy even more is talent scouting. It's never easy to look out for young stars especially when you are not located in the US where everything is happening there. We don't get that much information about NCAA or neither do we get to meet them in person or see them LIVE as compared to many other sports writer in the states. All we know is based on what we can read off the internet but thanks to NBATv I get to watch the whole Summer league for the 1st time!

Before I hit the sack last night, I managed to watch the match between Boston and Orlando. Other than watching the 2nd draft pick in action, someone else caught my attention.

Wearing no.41 - Big KO - Kelly Olynyk.
From Wikipedia -

Kelly Olynyk (born April 19, 1991) is a Canadian professional basketball player who currently plays for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was an NCAA All-American while playing for the Gonzaga Bulldogs.
He moved to Kamloops, B.C. in grade 7.[1] He is currently studying for a Master of Business Administration at Gonzaga University, having earned a bachelor's degree in accounting in December 2012, and formerly played basketball for the Gonzaga Bulldogs before announcing on April 19, his 22nd birthday, that he will skip his senior year and declare for the NBA draft.[2] He also represents the Canadian national basketball team. Olynyk was selected with the 13th overall pick by the Celtics in the 2013 NBA Draft.

This 7ft caught my attention immediately because of his ugly hair height. He was standing above all and the next thing I saw was that he has the moves. He was quick, he has some sweet steps and RANGE! 

 

I love a big man that hussle below the board grabbing rebound but a big man with range is always hard to stop. Big man like Dirk and Love are very good example. 

I'm watching this young man and I hope the Celtics groom him up well. Give him some beef as well as some play time when the season starts. I believe I will see quite a bit of him since big ticket headed to Brooklyn. 

The only problem I have with him from the game is that as a big man, I don't see a lot of work from him on the D and he might be a little soft for the NBA still. And also his hair. He needs a hair cut. 

Enough of Dwightmare and let's watch Summer League!

No comments:

Post a Comment