Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gilbert Arenas in Drew League

As a Gilbert Arenas fan, even a short highlight reel like this gets my blood pumping!

Seriously I can't tell if he is 100% but I do know that the friendship between him and Young is a great deal and I hope I can find more videos of them playing together, or better seeing him back in the NBA.

But my dream/hope was crushed and burnt when SLAM did an interview with him earlier this year about the possibility of him coming back to NBA.

SLAM: So do you have long-term plans in China? What do you see for yourself in the future here?
GA: 32 games a year. Maximum 36 minutes. That’s all I need at this point in my career. So as long as China teams want me, I’ll be here.
SLAM: Do you have any plans or hopes to tryout with the NBA again?
GA: Nah! [Shakes head vehemently] Because after this season I can enjoy my family. You know my kids are getting older. Being in the NBA, you don’t really get to enjoy your family life because you’re always on the road, you’re always gone. So, no. After this season will be the first time I’ll get to be with my kids for a long period of time.
Damn it Gilbert. I hope some teams pick him up but I guess it's hard considering how young many young guards we get each year. I guess it's easier for a big man to come back but I wouldn't say the same for a point guard where a team needs his speed and stamina a lot more. 

But one thing doesnt change for Glibert is that a joker will always be a joker. See how he tape up number 1 to be 0 again from his no.10 jersey? 

No comments:

Post a Comment