Monday, September 23, 2013

On the court I wasn't the best, but my kicks were like the pros :)

It's been a while since the last post (that goes for you too bruh +Smith Leong )
I guess we have been really busy as we are almost at the last quarter of the year and look on the bright side Christmas is coming!

A song I came across on YouTube triggered my thoughts to write this.

So this post is more about the sneaker game than about the game itself.

I have been shooting hoops since I was 12. (recreationally and started to play more competitively a couple of years later) That was when I started collecting sneakers. It was 1995. I was 14.

Til today, I am still looking for new kicks. But it's not entirely because of my blind faith or love for the brand. For me, each pair tells a story and here're my five most iconic ones in my kicksology.


Nike Air Max Sensation - Chris Webber
Well, these started my run into the sneaker world but that's not why they're special. I chose these instead of the originals AJ XI with Mike's #45 and bought these. I am still kicking myself to this very day. DAMN.


Nike Air Jordan XI 
These are my favourite AJs. Maybe because I missed them once. (I have three pairs today :P ) But these signified Jordan's comeback and journey back to the top of the NBA.



Nike Air Jordan XIV
The last shot. The pose after. 
The most magical 54 seconds by a player ever in the NBA.
The storybook ending by the greatest ever.


Nike Air Jordan I
I only managed to get a pair of these recently (thanks to an awesome friend! +Wei Jie Ng ) These marked the beginning of the Air Jordan legacy. These was what brought colour to the sneakers of the game. Nike paying five grand for every game Mike wore them was also the start of their advertising empire.


Nike Air Jodan III Backflip
The Slam Dunk contest, All Star MVP, All-Defensive First Team and Defensive Player of the Year. And my pair is even better. All black everything. Thanks to my lovely gf +gracie chua :)


That's my sneaker story. What's yours? Share!
36 days to tip-off. Hang in there y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment